Most important things to bring to the beach
OK, summer is here, you know that. Not sure if we all have a beach body this year, but hey – you have a body, go to a beach – voila! – a beach body is ready. But what do you need for a perfect day on the beach? We have a list. Be sure to read it carefully, so you don’t forget anything.
- Swimsuit – first thing you’ll need at the beach (except if you are nudist) is a swimsuit, of course. Regardless whether you like swim briefs, shorts or trunks, be sure to bring two pairs with you – so you always have an extra dry pair.
- Sunscreen – also essential for the beach. You can buy a cream, lotion or body oil, just make sure it’s water and sweat proof and start with a higher SPF factor – we suggest 35 at least. As you get tanned, you can go for a 20,15 or 10. If you’re extremely white, you don’t want to get sunburned and sit under the parasol the rest of your vacation. Be careful with your skin.
- Flip Flops – You can get burns on your feet too if you try to walk on the hot sand. Not to mention all the rubbish people throw away that you can hurt yourself on. Flip flops are necessary on the beach and when you’re going back home or to the hotel – it’s not pleasant to put your regular shoes back on when your feet are sandy or wet.
- Sunglasses – This suggestion may sound ridiculous, but you’d be surprised how often people who don’t wear sunglasses regularly forget them. Choose a fashion style that suits your face and don’t buy cheap ones – sunglasses aren’t the thing you should save some money on – sunglasses with UVA/UVB protection are saving your eyes from damaging sight.
Keep reading ; )
- Spare clothes – You don’t want to get in your car wet. Take a few t-shirts and shorts in your backpack or bag.
- A book or a magazine – When you get tired of water activities, you’ll want to lay down and get a tan. It’s handy to have something light and funny (or some serious literature, if you prefer) to read and relax.
- Portable Cooler – Summer days are really hot. After all the fun, you’ll get thirsty. Nothing like a cold bottle of water, soda or a beer (we don’t encourage drinking alcohol and swimming, although we know you do that to refresh yourself). Don’t spend time looking for a beach bar (some beaches don’t have them), take your drinks with you.
- Beach towels – Take a few with you. You’ll need them to dry off after all the swimming or just to lay or sit on on the hot sand. We suggest big and colorful ones.
- Radio or iPod – Your music must always be with you! You never know, beach day fun can easily become a sunset party.
- Underwater digital camera – If you like to dive be sure to have the proper equipment with you. You’ll want to share photos after the summer vacation is over. If you’re not diving, a regular camera or a water-resistant phone case will do.
Make a list, be sure to pack everything and most important of all – HAVE FUN!
And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram!